INCI: juniperus communis 100% pure essential oil
Country of origin: Austria
Extraction method: the essential oil is extracted by water distillation from the dry, ripe fruits of common juniper Juniperus communis.
Smell: fresh, refreshing, saturated with conifers, wood with a note of balsamic berries.
In cosmetics, juniper oil is used for acne-prone, oily, damaged skin, it can help strengthen the skin's protective functions. Juniper has always been valued for its antiseptic properties, but in studies with microorganisms, juniper oil has shown effectiveness against only a few microorganisms and is selective. It can be recommended for acne, pimples and blackheads as it helps protect the skin from microorganisms that cause damage. Also, juniper oil helps to get rid of bad breath, because it inhibits the reproduction of the microorganisms that cause it.
Juniper essential oil can be recommended for itchy, itchy scalp or dandruff.
- for skin and hair care - mix 5 drops of essential oil with 10-15 g of base oil (for example, base oil - almond, grape seed, etc.)
- For massage - mix 5-7 drops of juniper essential oil with 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (jojoba, almond).
- baths – mix 5-7 drops of essential oil with 1 tablespoon of milk, honey, sea or table salt, add to a full bath of water. The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes.
- in baths and saunas - add 5-10 drops of juniper essential oil to 500 ml of hot water.
- essential oils can be used in diffusers or aroma lamps.
Contraindications: do not use in case of individual intolerance. Before using essential oils, it is necessary to check whether the inhaled or applied oil will not cause an individual allergic reaction!